Pancake batter improves when left to rest for at least 30 minutes, but if you are after the fluffiest and best-looking pancakes, make the batter before you go to bed and add the whisked egg whites in the morning. Making them for breakfast will be a breeze and so impressive!
- 240g ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs, separated at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Lemon zest of 1 lemon (use lemon pieces for serving)
- 70g store-bought gluten-free flour or homemade gluten-free flour blend
- 20g butter at room temperature
Serve with fresh strawberries, extra white sugar and lemon pieces and a dollop of strawberry jam on the side
Step by Step Instructions
2. Add the egg yolks, sugar and lemon zest. Whisk thoroughly until the batter is somewhat smooth.
3. Sieve the flour into the mixture and fold in gently
4. Let the batter sit for at least 30 minutes or cover and leave in the fridge overnight
Makes approximately 12 pancakes
Make these into minipancakes for children to enjoy dipping into jam or serve at birthday parties with a strawberry piece on top of each mini pancake